Lead Toddler Teacher
Synergy Learning Academy is a non-profit school that supports a holistic education for every child.
We are looking for a candidate with love, patience and compassion for children, their developmental and learning process. Our goal is to help children develop strong social-emotional, physical, cognitive and language skills in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. The ideal candidate will possess a significant understanding of early childhood development, as well as an enthusiasm toward learning and personal growth.
Professional Requisites –
· Currently enrolled or completed 12 ECE units.
· Montessori certification or experience is preferred.
· Montessori classroom experience of at least 1 year a plus.
· Diversity informed and ability to work in a multi-cultural setting
· Develop a careful and creative program suitable for preschool children
· Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
· Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
· Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments
· Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.)
· Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
· Track children’s progress and report to parents
· Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background and psyche
· Collaborate with other educators
· Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
· Enrich the learning environment to offer learning opportunities
· Adjust the learning activities and approach to meet the individual child’s needs
· Nurture the learning experience with natural interactions in class and in the playground
· Support children with diaper/pull-up changing and toilet training
· Proven experience as a Preschool Teacher
· Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
· Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
· Excellent communication and instructional skills
· Ability to act as mediator between children
· Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable
· Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
· Certification in child CPR
· Ability to implement positive communication with children, parents and staff
· Problem solver
· Reliable and dependable with assigned schedule, some flexibility as needed
· Ability to have and implement a positive growth mindset attitude
· Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $20.00 /hour
Please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org