Synergy Learning Academy is looking for a full-time Montessori – MACTE certified primary lead teacher. This position requires a nurturing, conscientious teacher who is passionate about working with children. A candidate for this position must be committed to provide a peaceful and accepting classroom environment, display strong organizational, communication skills and a desire to work as a part of a school community in a collaborative partnership to support students’ learning.
The ideal candidate possesses a deep understanding of the Montessori philosophy and is inspired to prepare the learning environment to meet each child’s needs, nurture care from within while appropriately challenging/scaffolding each child’s developmental areas of growth. Such a candidate has a growth mindset – willingness and openness to adapt to circumstances and people as a life-long learner.
At Synergy Learning Academy, we offer a holistic learning environment that is nurturing of the child’s natural potential. We offer an environment that is culturally diverse, and socially, physically and intellectually stimulating, as well as caring, safe and secure.
· Develop and maintain the learning environment inviting participation
· Guide students to appropriate explorations, nurturing autonomy and a sense of care
· Plan, prepare and adapt lessons to challenge/scaffold learning and growth at child’s pace
· Forge positive relationships with families and keep them updated with frequent communications
· Collaborate with families to bridge understanding of the Montessori philosophy and the child’s home culture
· Observe and maintain child’s records of activities, lessons and progress
· Develop progress reports and host conferences with parents
· Collaborate to nurture and maintain a positive and functional work environment
· Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with current health and safety standards
· Forge a positive, mentoring relationship with assistant- providing ongoing training
· Contribute to constructive collaboration in staff meetings
· Participate in special community events and outreach activities
Qualifications and Skills:
· Excellent communication skills
· Positive, nurturing, kind and empathetic approach to children, families and school community
· Excellent knowledge and effective implementation of the Montessori method
· Excellent role model
· Excellent computer skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Willing and open to pursue effective continuing training and education
· Growth mindset perspective of self and others
Experience: 2 years (Required) as a lead primary Montessori teacher
· Background check clearance
· Current Health, MMR, TB screening
· CPR/First Aid certification
· Authorization to work in the US
Compensation is competitive, based on relevant professional experience and educational background
The position begins summer 2020 and into the school year.